Crédit Agricole enters Top 10 largest global banks by assets, according to a report by S & P Global Market Intelligence.
Our group surpassed Wells Fargo, climbing to the top ten in the world.
The top is dominated by the four Chinese banks, the Industrial Bank of China (ICBC), China Construction Bank, the Agricultural Bank of China and the Bank of China. In total, these institutions have assets over $ 13,000 billion.
With the exception of Crédit Agricole, which climbed to tenth place, the rest of the ranking of the top ten banks in the world remained unchanged.
Among the world’s largest banks, only three financial groups in Europe are in Top 10, BNP Paribas retains its eighth position, while HSBC, the largest European group with assets of over 2 billion euros, is on the sixth place.
The top ten positions in the world rankings are occupied in order by:
1. Industrial & Commercial Bank of China ltd (China) – 3,420.57 billion
2. China Construction Bank Corp (China) – 2,826.04
3. Agricultural Bank of China ltd (China) – 2.740,09
4.Bank of China (China) – 2.589,4
5. Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group Inc. (Japan) – 2.458,74
6. HSBC Holdings (United Kingdom) – 2.409,66
7. JP Morgan Chase & Co. (USA) – 2.351,7
8. BNP Paribas SA (France) – 2.165,95
9. Bank of America Corp. (USA) – 2,144.32
10. Crédit Agricole Group (France) – 1,845.18.